Thank you for your patience.
After what seemed to be a lengthy process the outdoor pool is now open. The pool is 25 yards long and is a saltwater pool just like the two indoor pools. There are lounge chairs, lap lanes, a shallow area for children with a bench in the water for parents to sit on while watching their children. Lap lanes are 3.5′ deep and go to 7′ deep. In addition to the pool you’ll find two new family change rooms for parents with children under 10 years of age. There has been a great deal of talk among members, now you can actually see what the buzz was all about.
Outdoor Pool Rules & Policies
Have fun, but don’t interfere with the enjoyment of others.
- No carry-in food or drink.
- No glass containers.
- No Pinnacle shower towels outside the building.
- Health department rules require showering before entering pools
- No Lifeguard on Duty. Children 12 and under must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- No diving at any time.
- No sitting or hanging on lane lines (please use the wall if you need a rest).
Wading Area and Open Swim
- Children must be supervised by an adult at all times.
- Children who are not toilet trained must wear an approved swim diaper and plastic pants.
- Flotation devices(pool noodles, water wings, inner tubes, suits with build in flotation, etc.) are only allowed in the family swim area. Children may wear Coastguard approved life vests during Family Open Swim times in the main body of the pool.
- All children who are not able to swim one length of the pool comfortably on their own must have immediate, close-range, in-wateradult supervision at all times.
- During Family Open Swim times, members of all ages may use lap lanes for lap swimming. Adults swimming without children in the pool, please give priority to families at these times.
- Lap swim lanes are limited to lap swimming and deep water running at all times. Lap swim lanes are not available for free play at any time.
- There will be at least one lap lane available at all times during Family Open Swim.
- If at any time you see lightning or hear thunder, please alert Pinnacle staff immediately and exit the pool area.
- The pool will be closed for weather if there is any thunder or lightening.
- The pool will stay closed for 30 minutes after the last heard thunder and/or the last seen lightning.
Emergency Action Plan
- A Pinnacle staff member will make an announcement if there is a need to clear the pool for a weather or health emergency. Please exit immediately.
Join now to work on your breaststroke inside, and soon you’ll be gliding through the water in the sunshine!